High Asset Divorce Attorney in New Port Richey
Helping Our Clients Protect Their Wealth & Legacy
Getting divorced can be emotionally and mentally draining. If you are a business owner, CEO, company executive, high-profile individual, or wealthy person, you can face additional challenges during your divorce, especially concerning property division (i.e. losing prized possessions or assets).
At Dale L. Bernstein, Chartered Law Office, our attorney has over 35 years of experience and has helped numerous clients navigate their high asset divorces. We are dedicated to guiding clients through the divorce process and helping them protect their hard-earned assets. Whether you need help uncovering hidden assets, implementing strategies to protect family heirlooms or other important assets, or dealing with other issues related to your high asset divorce, our firm is the right team to help you.
Call (727) 312-1112 or reach out to our team online to schedule an initial consultation today.
What Is a High Asset Divorce?
A high asset divorce refers to the dissolution of a marriage that involves multiple high-value assets. These cases can involve ownership disputes, hidden assets, valuations (to determine an asset’s monetary value), and other more intricate matters that other divorce cases do not.
Types of Assets Found in High Asset Divorces
High asset divorces can involve a host of high-value assets that are considered marital or commingled property. These assets include (but are not limited to):
- Artwork or other collectible items
- Bank accounts
- Family heirlooms
- Intellectual property
- Real estate (i.e. primary residence, investment property, vacation homes, etc.)
- Retirement accounts and pensions
- Stocks and bonds
Benefits of Hiring an Attorney for a High Asset Divorce in Florida
If you are involved in a high asset divorce, retaining an experienced attorney is in your best interest. A high asset attorney not only has a better understanding of the laws surrounding your case but is also familiar with various ways to approach your case, which can help them determine a personalized case strategy for you.
Other benefits of retaining a high asset divorce attorney are:
- They can connect you with helpful experts. Your attorney likely has professional contacts including forensic accountants, private investigators, and psychologists who can help support your case, gather evidence, and/or testify. A forensic accountant to help uncover concealed assets, determine the value of your business or intellectual property, or ensure the financial disclosures made are accurate and considered. Private investigators can also help track down assets or collect evidence that proves assets have been concealed.
- They can provide an unbiased opinion. During your divorce, your emotions may be running high, which can affect the decisions you make. Your attorney can advise you on financial considerations and work to prevent emotions from affecting your case outcome.
- They can work to ensure you don’t agree to unfavorable terms. If a client wants to expedite the process or is tempted to settle early, their attorney can review the terms of the agreement and advise you on how making rushed decisions can affect you.
- They can advise you on potential tax implications. Property division decisions can impact your tax liability because of capital gain taxes and the payouts you receive.
If you need a reputable high asset divorce attorney, you can trust our attorney with your case. Don’t gamble with your wealth and legacy during your high asset divorce. Let the team at Dale L. Bernstein, Chartered Law Office help you protect your assets and move forward with confidence.
To schedule a case consultation with our New Port Richey high asset divorce attorney, contact us online or call (727) 312-1112 today.