Divorce Modifications Attorney in New Port Richey

Adjusting Your Decree with Help from Dale L. Bernstein, Chartered Law Office

Divorce means that the life you had with your spouse is over and it is time to move on to something new. However, a lot can change over time. Sometimes these changes are significant enough that the original divorce decree no longer makes sense for your situation.

You can petition the court to modify your divorce decree if you have experienced:

  • Loss of a job or failure of a business
  • Illness or physical injury
  • Relocation
  • Finding new employment
  • Change in the status of a dependent
  • Additional children that change your financial situation

Not all divorce modifications are due to negative circumstances. Most often a court needs to adjust a divorce decree due to a change in finances. You can modify alimony, child support payments, custody, and visitation with help from our New Port Richey family lawyer.

If your divorce decree no longer works for you, we can help. Contact Dale L. Bernstein, Chartered Law Office at (727) 312-1112 for a consultation.

Adjusting Your Child Custody Ruling

Child custody decisions are some of the most difficult to reach agreement on in a divorce. In many cases, the parenting agreement has been hard-fought and has taken a long time to reach. Modifying it may be difficult, but it makes sense in some situations.

Florida courts require a detailed parenting plan for every divorce involving children. You can go to court to change this plan if there has been a significant change that makes an update necessary. You may ask to modify the parenting schedule, relocation restrictions, or holiday visitation. You might want changes in summer vacation plans or the sharing of medical and educational expenses.

If you and your co-parent can agree on these issues before you approach the court, you will have a much easier time. Of course, that is not always possible. Having a New Port Richey family law attorney on your side can help ensure you present your case clearly and effectively.

We can get started on discussing your case as soon as you contact our firm at (727) 312-1112 today.


  • Dale L. Bernstein, Chartered Law Office Caring
  • Dale L. Bernstein, Chartered Law Office Very satisfied client
  • Dale L. Bernstein, Chartered Law Office Highly Recommended
  • Dale L. Bernstein, Chartered Law Office Always fair.
  • Dale L. Bernstein, Chartered Law Office Court case involving traffic incident
  • Dale L. Bernstein, Chartered Law Office Aggressive Representation
Prev Next

Choose the Most Qualified Attorney
for Your Family Law Case.

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Contact Attorney Bernstein Today