Pasco County Divorce Attorney
Helping Florida Families File for Divorce. Call (727) 312-1112 Today.
Going through a divorce is very tough, and handling court issues as you are also trying to handle emotions, family, and more can be overwhelming. That is why choosing the right attorney is so vital.
You need a Pasco County divorce lawyer who can guide you through the process with kindness and compassion. You need a reminder that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
What to know about the divorce process in Florida:
- Custody and visitation
- Parenting agreements
- Alimony and child support
- Division of property
- Debt division
If you and your spouse agree on all the important issues already, an uncontested divorce may help you get through the process quickly. Without disagreements, it is possible neither of you would need to even appear in court. However, if there are disagreements, it is even more important that you have a skilled Pasco County divorce attorney in your corner.
Handling a divorce is something that you should not do alone. Let us help.
Contact us at (727) 312-1112 or online today.
Some Tips to Consider Before Filing for Divorce
There are a number of mistakes that occur frequently, which can damage the divorce and its outcome. If you avoid these common errors, your odds of getting a good outcome from your divorce will increase.
- Make a plan. Meeting with an attorney and a financial planner and gathering necessary paperwork you may need can increase your odds of success. Once he finds out a divorce is on the horizon, you may find yourself locked out of accounts and unable to obtain the documentation you need.
- Consider your finances. You will need money to pay for an attorney as well as to rearrange your life pre- and post-divorce. You may need somewhere else to stay or extra help with childcare. Start planning now. You may need to cut back on your expenses, pick up an extra job, or start selling things. Take those steps right away.
- Avoid speaking poorly about your ex. Do not send nasty emails or text messages to your ex, or talk badly about him or her online. While it feels great in the moment, it’s very likely your words will come back to haunt you later. Do not click send and then regret what you wrote a moment later.
- Don't settle just to end the divorce quickly. You should also not settle your case quickly with a result you don’t like in order to put it behind you, with the plan of coming back later and changing it. It is hard to change a divorce settlement after the fact. Try to get what you can live with now.
Why You Need a Lawyer for Divorce
Hiring an attorney for divorce comes with many benefits, especially one with experience and compassion. It is a myth that retaining legal representation will cause your case to drag on and become more costly.
Our lawyer puts your best interests first and will work with you to ensure that your case is both time and cost-effective.
Here are several other reasons that you should consider hiring an attorney:
- Consistent and knowledgeable communication
- Representation that best fits your personal needs and interests
- Identify potential hidden assets that your spouse may be hiding
- We take care of excess documents and court paperwork to save you time and energy
Divorce can cause stress and difficulty in your personal life, let us take the reins and fight for you.
In a divorce, emotions run high and there is a lot at stake. Your financial future, as well as your home and children, are all part of the negotiation. It is essential to have an attorney that you trust who understands what you are going through.
At Dale L. Bernstein, Chartered Law Office, we know that you need both legal and personal support. We will be there to answer your questions every step of the way, and to remind you that the process will come to an end eventually. You will understand everything that is happening and what it means for your future.
Our divorce lawyer can help you with any of the following types of divorce:
We will also fight for your rights and work to ensure that you get a fair and equitable divorce resolution. It will take time, but we will walk with you each step of the way. With nearly 40 years of experience, Dale L. Bernstein knows what to expect and how to get you through it.
- 4 Unexpected Costs of a DIY Divorce
- Do I Need a Special Attorney for a Military Divorce?
- How Long Does a Divorce in Pasco County, Florida Take?
Going through divorce? Call (727) 312-1112 to discuss your case with an experienced law firm in New Port Richey.
Dale L. Bernstein, Chartered Law Office is ready to help.