Restraining Order Attorney in New Port Richey, FL

Keeping You & Your Children Safe from An Abusive Relationshiprestraining order florida

If you have a partner that commits violence against you or threatens to do so, you may be able to get a restraining order. A restraining order can keep the violent individual away from you and even your children, depending on the circumstances. To receive a restraining order, which is also called an injunction for protection against domestic violence, you must file a petition in court.

In the court petition, you will give information about the history between you and your partner, including any threats or violence that have occurred. The court can grant a temporary injunction right away, but it only lasts 15 days. The judge will schedule a hearing to review the facts about a long-term arrangement.

A restraining order can:

  • Protect you from violence or threats
  • Order a violent spouse to stay away from your children
  • Keep a violent partner away from your work or home
  • Order a dangerous partner not to contact you

To properly file for a restraining order, you need an experienced New Port Richey family law attorney on your side. At Dale L. Bernstein, Chartered Law Office, we can help you fill out the petition correctly to get the protection you deserve.

Time is of the essence in a violent situation. For help with a restraining order, contact us at (727) 312-1112 today.

When Your Restraining Orders Were Imposed by Another State

If you have come to Florida with a restraining order from another state, you will want to make sure your protection continues here as well. Florida authorities will enforce an injunction that meets federal requirements. These requirements include the prevention of violent or threatening acts, proper court jurisdiction in the original state, and a proper notice and hearing from the originating court to your abuser.

If an out of state restraining order involves child custody or visitation, the state of Florida must formally record it so that it will be enforceable. The state will notify the violent partner of the filing, and the target of the order will have 30 days to contest Florida’s jurisdiction in the case.

If you have recently moved to Florida and have an active out of state restraining order, it is important to meet with a Pasco County family lawyer to ensure that you meet all requirements for Florida to enforce the protection.

For an appointment about your situation, contact Dale L. Bernstein, Chartered Law Office at (727) 312-1112 today.


  • Dale L. Bernstein, Chartered Law Office Caring
  • Dale L. Bernstein, Chartered Law Office Very satisfied client
  • Dale L. Bernstein, Chartered Law Office Highly Recommended
  • Dale L. Bernstein, Chartered Law Office Always fair.
  • Dale L. Bernstein, Chartered Law Office Court case involving traffic incident
  • Dale L. Bernstein, Chartered Law Office Aggressive Representation
Prev Next

Choose the Most Qualified Attorney
for Your Family Law Case.

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Contact Attorney Bernstein Today