If There Is A Domestic Violence Injunction Against My Ex In Pasco County, FL, How Is Visitation With The Children Handled?

That can be a complex issue. Generally, how visitation with your children is handled depends on what the court orders issued in your case say. For example, your domestic violence injunction may order your ex to stay away from you and your children. In that case, obviously, he would not be entitled to visitation with your kids.

However, simply because there’s a domestic violence injunction against your ex does not necessarily mean he cannot visit the kids. It may be that the order only covers you and does not order him to stay away from the kids.

In that case, whether or not you have to let him visit the kids depends on what type of visitation the court has allowed him to have under court order. He may have been awarded regular visitation or supervised visitation.

If he has not been awarded any type of visitation, you do not have to let him visit the kids until a visitation order from the court is in place.

If he has been awarded regular visitation, and there’s a domestic violence injunction against him that orders him to stay away from you, you will need to make arrangements for him to pick up your children at some location other than your home.

Maybe you have a friend or relative who would be willing to handle the transfer, or you can put some other type of arrangement in place.

Typically, if you have a domestic violence injunction against your ex, it’s because he (or she in some cases) has displayed some type of tendency towards violence. It’s highly likely that you will not want to put your children into that type of environment.

If that’s the case, you can ask the court to modify any type of visitation or child custody arrangement, based on the violence.


Choose the Most Qualified Attorney
for Your Family Law Case.

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Contact Attorney Bernstein Today