What Is A Military No Contact Order & How Do I Request One?

A military no contact (also called a military protective order) is the military equivalent of a restraining order.

It is issued by a military member’s command. It basically says that the military member can have no contact with their spouse or children without being escorted by someone in their chain of command.

A military protective order can also order the military member to stay away from the children’s schools, move back into military housing on the post, attend counseling, surrender his or her weapons, or to take or stop taking other actions.

To Learn More About Military Divorce or to File for a Divorce Click Here

The individual’s commander can tailor the order to meet specific needs.

You can ask for a military protective order against an active duty member of the military, if he has abused you or your children, and is your spouse or ex-spouse, an intimate partner, or someone you have children in common with.

The military member’s commander has to agree to the order, and it will be issued.

Victims in same-sex relationships can also receive help. The order is generally only valid for a short period of time.

To get a military no contact order, you do not have to attend a trial or a hearing, or appear in front of a judge.

You will not even have to be in the same room as the abuser - you only have to speak to the person’s commander.

Although this is an easy process for the victim, these orders can be used unfairly against the military member, and can be issued without any real evidence of wrongdoing.

They can be used to gain the upper hand in a military divorce, such as by giving the spouse the opportunity to move all children and possessions from the residence during the period of no contact.


Choose the Most Qualified Attorney
for Your Family Law Case.

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Contact Attorney Bernstein Today