My Husband Is Violent And I Asked Him To Leave The House. He Refuses. Can I Get A Restraining Order In Florida?

You may be able to get a restraining order. In Florida, they are called injunctions or protective orders. You should speak with an attorney as soon as possible to learn more about your legal options.

In general, if your husband is violent, you may be able to qualify for an injunction for protection against domestic violence. It’s a court document that orders your abuser to stop doing certain acts, including abusing you, approaching you, or contacting you. It can also make your abuser to other acts, including leaving your home and paying child support for your children on a temporary basis. If the abuser violates the injunction, he can be arrested.

In general, in order to get an injunction for protection against domestic violence, you must file a petition in court. In your petition, you will provide information about the history of abuse between you and your husband, any threats he has made, as well as other information about his dangerous behavior. If the judge decides there is an immediate danger of domestic violence, the temporary injunction will be granted and will take effect immediately.

However, it only lasts for a certain period of time - and no longer than 15 days. During that time, a full hearing will take place, and the judge will decide whether or not you will receive a final injunction. A final injunction lasts longer than 15 days and may have a set ending date or no expiration date.


Choose the Most Qualified Attorney
for Your Family Law Case.

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Contact Attorney Bernstein Today