Do I Need a Lawyer for an Uncontested Divorce?
What Is an Uncontested Divorce?
An uncontested divorce is a cost-effective divorce option for spouses who have mutually and amicably decided to go their separate ways. However, this type of divorce is only available for couples who are able to successfully negotiate child custody, child support, asset division, and other basic divorce issues without conflict and disagreements.
To complete an uncontested divorce, couples need to agree on the following divorce issues:
- Division of assets and property
- Allocation of debts
- Child custody
- Child support
In Florida, this option is perfect for spouses who want to quickly and civilly proceed through the divorce process. Many couples that go this route make the mistake of believing they can file the paperwork, pay the court fees, and walk away without needing the experienced - and at times costly – assistance of a divorce lawyer. However, whether you’re going through a contested or an uncontested dissolution of marriage, the support and guidance of a knowledge attorney can be invaluable to your case.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Divorce Lawyer?
A qualified divorce lawyer can facilitate the negotiation process and help you and your spouse develop a marital settlement agreement that is fair and amicable. At Dale L. Bernstein, Chartered Law Offices, our experienced attorney can evaluate your case, address your questions and concerns, and help you complete your divorce paperwork, including your Petition for Simplified Dissolution and Final Judgement for Simplified Dissolution of Marriage.
To file a Petition for Simplified Dissolution, you must meet the following criteria:
- Neither you or your spouse is pregnant
- You don’t have any children under the age of 18
- You and your spouse have already determined asset division and debt allocation
- At least one spouse has lived in Florida for the last 6 months
- Neither you or your spouse are pursuing alimony
- You and your spouse agree the marriage is “broken” and that a Simplified Dissolution is your best option
We can help you achieve eligibility and even assist you in filing your petition at the circuit court clerk’s office.
At Dale L. Bernstein, Chartered Law Office, our knowledgeable lawyer can also:
- Help you negotiate and settle any disagreements that could prevent you from being eligible for an uncontested divorce.
- Review important legal documents and prepare you for your hearing
- Facilitate discussions and serve as a mediator for you and your spouse
- Reduce the stress and uncertainty commonly associated with the divorce process
- Help you keep track of your case and effectively handle any unexpected contingencies
- Guide you through the divorce process, start to finish
- Explain various tax issues that can impact your post-divorce life
- Determine if you’re getting your fair share when it comes to asset and property division
- Help you navigate Florida’s child custody laws
- Streamline the divorce process
- Protect your legal rights and personal interests
Retain Qualified Legal Representation Today
Divorce – even an uncontested divorce – is rarely a simple or stress-free process. Even so, the New Port Richey uncontested divorce attorney at Dale L. Bernstein, Chartered Law Office can provide you with informed legal guidance and effective representation. If you’re ready to start the next chapter of your life, schedule a consultation at our office today. Our compassionate lawyer can explain your options and help you secure a marital settlement agreement that safeguards your quality of life.
Contact Dale L. Bernstein, Chartered Law Office at (727) 312-1112 to schedule a consultation.